- Do you need help choosing the right motor oil for your vehicle? Check out this page from PopularMechanics.com.
- There are numerous ways you can boost your car’s fuel economy. Discover a few of them at this page from FuelEconomy.gov.
- Unfortunately, there are a lot of dishonest people who may try to take advantage of you. Learn some of the most common fraud schemes at this page from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- What exactly does an oxygen sensor do? This page from HowStuffWorks.com has the answer.
- Do you know how to check your tire pressure? If not, check out this page from Edmunds.com.
C&J Auto Parts, INC Chicago, IL
A car is much more than the sum of its parts; however, parts are still important. Whether you’re looking for a small piece of hardware or a whole new engine for your vehicle, C & J Auto Parts is happy to oblige. For more information about new and used car parts, call us today at (773) 523-8121.
Though millions of people drive every day, most of them have a false or incomplete understanding of motor oil. If you’re looking to take better care of your vehicle, then it helps to learn a thing or two about oil.
This video provides an excellent introduction to motor oil, covering everything from oil’s basic function to how often you need to change it. The expert in this video also discusses the different types of oil and when they’re most effective.
If you’re looking for oil or oil filters, come by C & J Auto Parts of Chicago. We also offer a wide range of used auto parts for all sorts of obscure vehicles. Call us today at (773) 523-8121, and we’ll see if we have the part you’re looking for.
Considering today’s high gas prices, many motorists simply can’t afford to drive inefficient vehicles. If you suspect that your vehicle isn’t running as efficiently as it once did, you could be facing one of many potential problems—after all, the average car has thousands of parts. Here are a few common culprits to help you with your diagnosis:
For maximum fuel efficiency, it’s essential that your tires remain at the recommended pressure. When your tires are underinflated, they meet more resistance from the road, and your engine has to work harder in order to keep your vehicle moving. Since tires can lose pressure fairly easily, you should check them at least once a month.
Bad fuel injectors
As the name suggests, your vehicle’s fuel injectors are responsible for injecting fuel into your engine. If any of your fuel injectors are malfunctioning, your vehicle could be hemorrhaging fuel. For the sake of your own safety and your vehicle’s fuel economy, it’s important that you find a replacement as soon as possible.
Bad motor oil
Motor oil is designed to provide your engine with lubrication so the moving parts don’t grind together. If your motor oil is too old or viscous, your engine has to work harder, and thus use more fuel. A simple oil change should help you achieve better fuel economy.
Bad oxygen sensor
In order for your vehicle to run at its optimum efficiency, it needs the proper mixture of fuel and oxygen. If the oxygen sensor and air filter permit an imbalance of fuel and oxygen, your engine will likely waste fuel. If you suspect that your oxygen sensor has failed, then you should get it repaired or replaced.
Even if you identify the reason behind your poor fuel economy, you may have difficulty finding the right parts to resolve the problem. Luckily, C & J Auto Parts offers thousands of new and used parts for both popular and obscure cars. Call us today at (773) 523-8121 to speak with one of our friendly representatives.
Do you like C & J Auto Parts?
- Closed Sunday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Tuesday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Wednesday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Thursday
- 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Friday
- 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM Saturday